Always be on your gaurd when out on a date with someone you don't know or barely know. I'm not saying that your date is a serial killer but if you don't know the person well you can't be too trusting. Here are 10 tips on staying safe.
1. Arrange to meet him. Don't let him pick you up from your home.
2. Meet in public places. If possible, double date or go out with a group of people.
3. Go Dutch. Pay half of the bill that way you won't feel under any obligation to return the favor.
4. Remember that alcohol affects your judgment and lessens your inhibitions. If you are drinking, keep your drink in sight at all times and don't get too drunk that you don't know what you are doing.
5. Use your own mode of transportation. And leave with a full tank.
6. Don't assume just because a person claims to be religious that he's safe
7. Don't let him know where you live. If you do want to see him again arrange a second date and then take it from there.
8. Avoid secluded areas such as parks.
9. Listen to your gut. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. And if you haven't met him before and you know at the begining of the date you are'nt interested Leave immediately.
10. Always let someone else know where you're going and who you'll be with. You might even consider arranging a time to call and check in. Or you could arrange to meet up with friends later that night.